We actively recruit singers throughout the year. Auditions are held by appointment.
To sing with the Metropolitan Master Chorale you should be a moderate to strong reader and be able to master lyrics quickly in a variety of languages. Singers come to rehearsals prepared and ready to make music.
Our singers have a wide range of backgrounds and experience, but share a love of music, have high musical standards, and enjoy the choral community. The MMC is also a joyful place to sing! We want you to be part of our community.
The Chorale rehearses every Wednesday from 7:00 to 10:00 PM in Hollywood from September through early June. We perform three major concerts each season.
- Contact the Chorale by phone or email. Call 323.342.2263 or email us and put “Audition” in the subject line.
- We will follow up with you to schedule your audition with Artistic Director, Glenn Carlos.
- Download and the complete the Audition Form and bring it with you to your audition.
- Artistic Director Glenn Carlos will conduct the audition, which will take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Please be prepared to sing one verse of "The Star-Spangled Banner" a cappella in the key of your choice.
- During the audition, you may be asked to read your part in a simple four-part piece of music.
- In addition, you may be asked to sing scales, sight-read a few lines of music, clap some rhythms, and demonstrate aural skills.
- The audition is an opportunity for you to shine. Mr. Carlos is interested in learning about you and your skills.
- Mr. Carlos will let you know your audition results within a week.
Contact the Chorale
P.O. Box 481318
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Download Audition Form